Tuesday, September 7, 2010

9/8 "A Good Man Is Hard To Find"

Does the plot surprise you? Why or why not? When you started reading the story what did you think would happen? In the story "A Good Man Is Hard To Find" by Flannery O'Connor, I was very surprised by the plot. I usually tend to get an idea of a story by fist reading the title, and this title lead me to believe this would  be a love story of some sort. When I began reading the story I noticed the author's tone was not at all romantic. Flannery O'Connor uses the dialect to portray more of an intense and dramatic type of mood through out this story, although I still did not expect the ending to occur. In the beginning of the story I really had no idea what would happen next.

1 comment:

  1. You are bright to notice the significance of the title. Next time, add more to your analysis. Try to discuss the text in more detail and bring in quotes to support your ideas.

    ReplyDelete